About this policy
Athlon CIF Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries (we, us and our) are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Personal information is:
Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We handle your personal information under the Privacy Act. In the limited circumstances where we may collect health information, if you are medically dependant on services (as provided in our Customer Contract), we comply with applicable State or Territory legislation.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect your personal information to provide you with our services, provide information about our services, develop and enhance our services and carry out our activities.
The kinds of personal information we collect include your name and contact details.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We collect your personal information in various ways, including via telephone, our website or email.
We collect personal information when you communicate with us, for example, when you:
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- when you email us to request information
- when you use the contact us forms or request more information sections of our website
Security of your information
We take all reasonable steps to hold your personal information securely.
Generally, we hold your personal information in electronic format. We may store your personal information electronically with an information technology provider (which may be located overseas).
All personal information we receive via our online services is encrypted in transit and stored securely. We also use access controls and other security measures and periodically review and update our security measures in light of current technologies.
- website cookies collect information such as what pages you visited;
- if you use a mobile phone to access our website or emails, the cookies may identify from what location you accessed this information; and
- pixel tags provide us with information about your activity on our websites and when you open and access our emails. We sometimes disclose the data from these pixel tags to third parties.
Information collected by our website cookies and pixel tags is only used to provide statistics about our website and emails and assist us in improving these services.
What are the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, related purposes that you would reasonably expect, and as permitted or required by law.
Such purposes include:
- responding to your inquiries about the supply of our services;
- complying with our obligations under any contract with you or applicable law;
- processing your survey or questionnaire responses for the purpose notified in the survey or questionnaire (if you have chosen to participate in such);
- for market research so that we can better understand the needs of our current and future customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- providing you with marketing information regarding products and services (of ours or a third party) which we believe may be of interest to you, but only if you have not opted out of receiving such information;
- providing you with information (such as educational material and material on events and programs) about investment opportunities;
disclosing to related entities to enable them to market products and services which we believe may be of interest to you, but only if you have not opted out of receiving such information; and
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your information.
We may use your personal information for another purpose in limited circumstances such as where:
- you consent;
- it is for a purpose related to the purpose for which we collected the information, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose it for that purpose; or
- where otherwise required or permitted by law.
How do you obtain access and seek correction?
Generally, we will provide you with access to any information we hold about you on request. In limited circumstances, however, access may be refused if required or permitted by law. For example, you may be refused access to your personal information:
- where there are anticipated or existing legal proceedings and that information could not be subject to a process of discovery;
- where we consider that providing access poses a serious threat to life, health or safety; or
- where access may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals.
If after you make a request, we refuse to provide you access to your personal information, we will explain why in writing.
We do not charge an application fee to access your personal information, but may charge a reasonable fee for giving you access, including photocopying costs.
If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date, you should contact us using the contact details below. Where we decide not to make the requested correction, we will explain why in writing.
How can you complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles?
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, we will deal with the complaint as follows:
- You should contact us using the contact details below. You will need to provide us with sufficient details regarding your complaint, as well as any supporting evidence and/or information.
- We will refer your inquiry or complaint to a person not directly involved in the subject matter of the complaint.
- You will receive an acknowledgement that we have received your complaint and the issue is being investigated.
- We will, within a reasonable time, investigate the issue and determine the steps that we will undertake to resolve the complaint.
- We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the response or determination.
- Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we aim to resolve the investigation and complaint within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response or determination, you can contact us or raise your concerns with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via http://www.oaic.gov.au
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about the handling of your personal information, accessing or correcting your personal information, or to make an inquiry or complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer by:
Mail: Level 15, 9 Hunter Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Online: Contact Us