Athlon CIF Team
A WINNING COMBINATION
Athlon CIF was founded and is operated by capital market and sports management professionals with an extensive network, substantial industry knowledge and a proven track record for delivering success.
The Athlon CIF team of experts allows us to establish specific, unique and tailored strategies for Athlon CIF acquired clubs to maximise asset value and sporting success.
CEO & Co-Founder
Sports and Entertainment Executive, with 20+ years of leading sports industry expertise predominantly in the direction and management of professional sports organisations. David has worked with governing bodies, rights owners and brands.
- General Manager of Coaching and Development New South Wales Rugby Union.
- Manager of the Waratahs Super Rugby team.
- Manager of Australia “A”.
- Commercial & Operations General Manager (COO) New South Wales Rugby Union.
- Sponsorship Director Volvo Cars Rugby portfolio.
- CEO and Co-owner of Racing Club Narbonne Mediterranee (France)
- Founder & Director of London Food Month – the UK’s largest food festival.
Chairman & Co-Founder
A veteran corporate finance and capital markets expert with a focus on the sporting industry. Ben is a proven specialist of matching deal origination with capital raising. He has completed 50+ transactions including the recent acquisition of Australian sports brand XBlades.
- Established specialist Hedge Fund Sales team servicing some of the largest institutional funds in Asia Pacific and participated in over 200 corporate transactions.
- Founded Gobarralong Capital Pty Ltd Corporate advisory in 2015 to specialise in capital solutions to property, agriculture and sporting sectors.
- Athlon Partners founded in 2020 is the latest corporate hub that will seek to become the pre-eminent provider of capital and strategic advice in sports ownership, media, sponsorship and funding.
Shane Lee is an experienced Commercial Director with a demonstrated history of working in the information services industry. He has a strong sales and marketing background. Shane had an impressive professional international cricket career, accruing 45 ‘One Day International’ matches and a host of other first class representative matches in other cricket formats during his career.
Flowing from his remarkable cricket career, Shane has an extensive international sports network. Shane has been intent on exploring other avenues after sport, and in addition to his success in the business world, Shane has also launched a successful podcast with tens of thousands of followers.
Lisa Kagho is a commercially aware, highly creative professional who thrives under pressure. Having founded and run a successful fashion and design business on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, Lisa is experienced in ever evolving markets and situations, constantly ensuring a high level of output, whatever the task at hand.
As an ISCD award winning and certified interior designer, and someone that has experience in team environments, product and business development, as well as business ownership, Lisa is beyond qualified to organise Athlon’s head office and manage day to day operations.